Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a coachmen motorhome. The generator will only run if

Customer Question

I have a coachmen motorhome. The generator will only run if the drive engine is running. The unit was serviced last year and I was told that he blew through the line and it was clear.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** like an issue with the tank to generator, what I might do is get a fuel can and see if the generator will run directly from that can, you should be able to splice the fuel line going into the can. IF you have rubber fuel lines and the generator runs using a can then I would be looking at the lines real close, make sure they are not cracked and any fittings to the tank are tight. IF they start sucking air the generator may not want to start. Beyond that I would have a RV shop take a look... Hope this helps some... Robert