Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

I have a 2009 Winnebago Sightseer 31E. How/where do I check

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Winnebago Sightseer 31E. How/where do I check the jacks hydraulic oil level and should this be done when the vehicle is taken to a service center for service?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael, hi at the pump assembly, there is a the jack motor, or have someone else run it to locate the tank on top is a cap that unscrews to allow you to ck and fill if necessary...........And depending on its installation, it can be a chore......too many times they install it where filling it is near depending on its installation. you may want it done when its in for service..............take a look and let me know what you see........thanks
Hi, I see you have rated me with bad service,,,,,,,,,,how can I clarify, or further explain the procedure? Bad rating weighs heavily on my record here at Just Answer, if you would consider changing to OK service, it will be neutral...........thanks for your consideration..........Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was looking for something more specific as to where it might be...before I asked I was under looking for it. Couldn't find anything I could identify. If it is as obscure as you suggest shouldn't it be routinely checked by service mechanics when servicing the vehicle?

Thank you for responding, you will need to specifically tell the service person to ck its level, as it is not necessarily a 'standard' item to check...............And as winne, changes locations of components even within the same model and model year........I have no doubt thru the years located it on your model, but at this point it would be only guessing, and the procedure I shared with you is the way we in the industry locate the component.......Thanks for your patience..........Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I was a little hasty with my evaluation sorry.

I appreciate you reconsidering your rating...............Michael