Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.

what would be the input DC voltage from the relighter to the

what would be the input DC voltage from the relighter to the interrupter on a Norcold LP refrig. would it be the full 12V. (the same voltage as goes into the relighter? The troubleshooting sheet I have says" to remove the wires from the interrupter and "jump interrupter terminals", does that mean to apply 12V. from another source?
I will pay the Fee if a Refrig. tech. can stay with me, till we figure out what part (s) I need to make it work on LP, it works fine on 12V. and 110v. power
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi There..

Can you tell me the model of the Norcold?

Thanks, Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Norcold Md.3163

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the model is: Norcold #3163

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK

I have limited knowledge on this model, have not seen it to much. I am going to put your question back up for other experts. I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily.... No need to respond to this as it will prevent others from viewing your question.... Robert
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Josie I would still like the answers to my question, however I will make an educated guess, shortly on the part(s) I may need. Any one with a background into LP fired refrig. opereating with a 12V. feed should know?

Regards, Fred

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Thank you for choosing Just Answer for the solution to your problem.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am going to assist you with this.

Whatever you do, do NOT put 12V to the interrupter terminals.
The interrupter is nothing more than a thernocouple, and it operates on mV (millivolts). Putting 12V to the terminals is guaranteed to burn the relighter.
When they say to jump the interripter terminals, they mean to simply run a wire from one terminal to the other.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience: RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.