Joe
Joe, RV Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

FUSIBLE LINK LOCATED BETWEEN THE BATTERY AND FUSE

WHERE IS THE FUSIBLE LINK LOCATED BETWEEN THE BATTERY AND FUSE CLUSTER?  Ignition light and buzzer does not work.  Key and all fuses related to ford have no power.  whole ford dash does not work.  Checked power on all 3 wires on positive terminal.  Tested O.K.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

Just seeing if you still
need assistance with this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, you haven't answered my question. What other information do you need?

Have you checked the battery pos and neg terminal connections?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, we have power there. The connections have been cleaned and the connectors are tight. The year is 2002 fleetwood storm class A.

It should be near the battery terminal or coming off of the starter if it has one some are also located at the starter relay solenoid, otherwise you either have a ground or power wire problem that will require looking and testing with a meter.

If you need any further assistance just let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks
for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We already checked with a meter. That's how we know there is no power at the fuse cluster. Your reply leads me to believe that you don't know if there is a fusible link? Do you know where we can get a wire diagram of the chassis?

That is not the correct test I am referring to, what I am referring to is checking the resistance of the wire from point a to point b, so lets say the ignition/fuse wire comes from the starter relay or starter itself then you start at that point and go to the other, infinite resistance/ohms means a break in the wire... 0 or some ohms indicates a non-broken wire usually.... This is a nightmare for techs and thus why electrical is a highly rated skill and often involves us techs many hours in diagnosing the problem, I have had some jobs that took 50 hrs to locate an electrical problem or longer and others 2 mins. There's really only one way to check and that's getting in there and testing. Most of these no longer have wiring diagrams due to the nature of them... sort of just like boats.... a vehicle is different.

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks