iflysi77
iflysi77, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I am the Service Manager for Baydo's RV. I have worked in the RV trade for 20+ years.

replace the carpet under the slide out?

Customer Question

How to replace the carpet under the slide out? Does it tip out or what do I, do?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question. I have been off all day and apparently others were as well. My name is XXXXXXX XXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

The best way is to put some adhesive on this and that will glue it down once you slide it under there. Use a flat piece of steel to push under there and put some pressure on it so that it lies flat. Carpet layers are good at this and most don't charge that much and I usually let them put the new carpet or vinyl down. You could take the slide room out, but that is quite time consuming and expensive. You don't use any pad under that portion.

Hope that is helpful. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. No limit as to time or number of responses. Positive Feedback would be greatly appreciated as that is how we are rated and paid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Thanks....One Stupid answer is enough.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you didn't like the answer...........we do it that way all the time. You will need to take the room out and spend over $1,000 now for the other way. If you have a bunch of money you need to get rid of that is one way to do it. I will put this out on the board again so any other techs can offer something if they like. I don't know when or if they will respond.
Expert:  iflysi77 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there I can help you with this, run your slide out out almost all the way. Stop it when there is about 4 inches left to go out. Now with a jack and a 2 foot 2x4 place the 2x4 outside under the slideout on the side wall and jack it up. Do this on both sides. You should get anywhere from 3 to 4the inches of clearance. This is how we do it at our dealership and works pretty well.