Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

norcold..our rv that is not cooling and the green (on) light flashes

Customer Question

I have a Norcold N611 refrigerator in our RV that is not cooling and the green (on) light flashes 5 times repetatively.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What mode are you using and is the fridge level? And is this installation in a slide out?
Please get back to me with this and I can help you sort this out.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Go and CLICK HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this fridge. I would Bookmark this so you can come back to it any time. Please see the section on the error codes. This code means the fridge controls have detected something that prevents it from cooling. This shuts it down. You get one "freebie" reset. Turn the fridge off and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Be sure it is level. Then turn it back on. It should work now unless some damage has been done to the cooling unit. If you have already had this "freebie" then you need to do a "hard reset" and that instruction is in the manual. That needs to be followed exactly. Be sure you take care not to get the leads mixed up when you take them off. You will need a 1/4" nut driver to get the cover off the board. Unplug the fridge before you take the cover off. Plug it back in when you are done.

If you need help with this please get back to me and I can give you more help as all follow ups are included in our fee.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good information in the service manual.

Couldn't find hard reset though. I take that as unplug it, wait 20 seconds and plug it back in?

Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.

No..........see page 21. If you have a later style board with a number 628661 let me know as this will be somewhat different than the one shown. Look for any yellowish debris near the burner. That would be a sign of cooling unit failure. You will need a short piece of wire for this. If you need help get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. I did the hard reset with the short wire from pin 15 to ground and it worked. The unit is running again still isn't cooling. I have tried in both auto and gas mode.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Did you re-level it? Any sign of some yellowish debris around the burner area?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes i re-leveled but has not run long enough to tell yet. If there is yellowish debris it is only a possible light dust.

I'll get back to you in about half an hour. will that work? Appreciate the help!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The combination of the hard reset and re-leveling seems to have fixed my problem. The freezer is cooling for sure and the refrigerator of course is not as cool but I think I'm good to go. Once again...appreciate the help and I'll click on Accept Answer so you get paid! :)
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Thanks! Keep it this negative effect is cumulative on the cooling unit.
Get back to me if you need more.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will do....thanks again!
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
You are welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Most of the time we can get you an immediate answer and save you a bunch of $$$ besides.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will do!
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.