Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Trouble shooting a Dometic RM2611. Questions about non operation.

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer..

What kind of questions do you have, the more information you can provide the better I can assist you....

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Robert.

Does the 12V battery need to be hooked up for the 120v AC mode to work?

When i plug in the camper the eyebrow lights up but with i push the gas / ac button the ac option never lights up just the gas. I don't have the propane hooked up at this point just trying to get the AC to work.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Yes you need the 12 volts present at the fridge for the controls to work properly, IF you are plugged in the converter should be making the 12 volts.

I am going to give you a service manual that will help out in troubleshooting. IF all the functions are working on the eyebrow but the AC light I would check the fuse. Make sure when you check the fuses you are unplugged from shore power, you do not want to touch it when it is hot. It could be a control board issue also. When you are plugged in and select auto it should default to AC power automatically. Make sure you also have power at the plug in... Click HERE for the manual it should help out....

IF you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So the fuse is under the black box. It is a glass tube with a wire in it. If it's blown that wire will be broken correct? I check the fuses and they seemed to be okay. I cleaned the contact points on all the connections as well.

When you plug in the Camper, the power light comes on, the ac temp light comes on, but the ac light never lights up. Would you suggest replacing with the Dinasour board?

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

OK

Yes they will be under the black box and are the glass fuses...IF you have a volt meter I would check the AC voltage at the board, this is explained on page 18 of that manual. I would also check the eyebrow out and that is also covered. The Dinosaur board is a very good product. I would contact them directly and they should also be able to give you some more input.

I would look at the manual and do all the testing you can, to many parts that could go wrong with these....

Robert

Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience: 18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.