quality-rv-tech
quality-rv-tech, Mobile Technician
Experience:  RVIA Certification
64153825

1989 fleetwood: does the wiring that goes to the stove hood..heater

1989 fleetwood lynx
does the wiring that goes to the stove hood, would have anything that could stop the heater from working
Category: RV
Expert:  quality-rv-tech replied 2 years ago.

quality-rv-tech : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your question. We are service oriented and go the extra mile for our customers. why do you think you would effect it?
quality-rv-tech : Please let me know what the issue is and I will be happy to walk you thru.
Customer:

The wires goes to the system monitor are disconected

Customer:

do they have to be connected for the furnice to work?

quality-rv-tech : I would look at the fuse panel and find the one labeled furnace and pull it. Then test the wire in question and see if it has 12volts on it.
Customer:

ok i will check it

Customer:

i used a tester light and the light came on

Customer:

i checked the thermo and the fuse

Customer:

is the furnice 12v 0r 120

Customer:

i found a reset switch on the unit outside and the blower come on but the furnice does not lite

quality-rv-tech : It's 12 volt. If you have the blower then you're issue is with furnace. What is the voltage when furnace is running?
Customer:

where would i check the voltage

quality-rv-tech : At the reset. B
quality-rv-tech : At the reset is fine
Customer:

ok

Customer:

i put my meter on 200m and i get 58.4 then i put it on 20 and i get nothing 0.00

quality-rv-tech : set meter to vdc and put red on wire at reset and black on metal of case
Customer:

could it be the solenoid that opens the gas

quality-rv-tech :

This is the sequence of operation. 1st Blower starts. 2nd 14 seconds after blower control board sparks and opens gas valve. Do you hear a sparking sound after 14 seconds?

Customer:

13.29

Customer:

i will go turn it off then turn it back on

Customer:

i turned it off then i turned it back on and the furnice fire came on and it is working

quality-rv-tech :

Ok, if reset pops again it will need replaced. You and find them at auto parts stores. Please hit accept if your satisfied with your answers. Thanks you.

Customer:

Thanks very much and have a nice day

quality-rv-tech, Mobile Technician
Experience: RVIA Certification