Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

best motorhome for gas mileage at approx. 30 ft. prefer g

best motorhome for gas mileage at approx. 30 ft. prefer gas
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer....

I would have to say for that time frame you are looking for something on a workhorse chassis with the GM 8.1L V-8. That engine should last 200K before major repairs but routine maintenance has to be done, which would be routine oil changes, fuel filters and lube the chassis etc. Many RV manufacturers will off both a ford and Chevy chassis and also a Diesel rig. It sounds like you are looking for the best gas mileage so with this information you can start looking at Manufacturers that have that set up. Some popular ones you might find that chassis on are Winnebago, Monaco, Damon, Fleetwood and there are many others out on the road. Also as the mileage goes up you could start to see a decrease in MPG so it is important to get something with some lower miles. The 30' is smaller for a class A so the mileage would be much better then a 38' gas rig.

I would get out there and look at a few manufacturers with that chassis and engine, make sure you like it before making the purchase...

Hope this helps/ Robert

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!