Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How do I adjust slide outs on my rv?

Customer Question

How do I adjust slide outs on my rv?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Do you know what make the slide out hardware is? There are about 8 or 9 companies who make these systems for the various manufacturers. Some make both hydraulic and all electric systems. Power Gear and Lippert are two of the most popular. Once we can determine what you have I can get you to the correct procedure. And please tell me what yours is doing as that would be helpful.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
If you go and CLICK HERE you can access a copy of a manual for a Lippert system and go to page 8 for the adjustment procedure. Look under the edge of your room and see if you have the two large bolts as shown. If you don't have one of these systems let me know and we can go from there. Follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a super slide that has three gear racks and I assume drive gears for each rack. There is a common square drive shaft that is driven by a single electric motor given reduction by sprockets and chains. The problem is that the rear bottom of the vertical wall lacks sometimes as much as 2" of making seal against the wall of the trailer. I can get it close buy pushing in on the corner. It always seals at the top.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
This is usually due to the timing being out on one side or another. Half a revolution will do that. Look and see if you have a drift roll pin on the gear hookup or a bolt through the gear and shaft. That can be removed and that side turned in half a turn and then the pin or bolt replaced. That should do it. Does the motor have any nomenclature on it or any name?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I understand what you are saying. how do I access that? And this unit has 3 racks . I can see 2 by taking panels apart in the front storage compartment but can't see #3. is there a way to acess #3?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.

It would help to know whose system this is. I don't believe I have heard of one with sprockets and chains on the drive. Do you have any manuals on this at all? If we can find out whose system this is I can get a manual and this will be a lot easier to do.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok I will have to investigate further and get back to you. Thanks for your time so far.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
Not a problem...............and no hurry here.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
I think this is an RBW system on your coach. They were taken over by Dexter Axle, but I can't access that site right now. I think Carriage is out of business or is in the process of being bought. That was as of November last year.

Go and CLICK HERE for some information on these systems that are used by another company. I would print out this manual or at least Bookmark it so you can come back to it.
They make a number of them so let me know which one fits yours. These all adjust about the same way. R.J.