Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Endeavor: Holiday Rambler..Panel..5 seconds stops the flashing

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. On the Xantrex Remote Panel numerous LEDs are flashing. Holding the Setup button for 5 seconds stops the flashing, and the LEDs seem to indicate normally for about 5 seconds. The random flashing then begins all over again. While it is stable following the Setup, pushing the other control buttons such as Charge or Invert does not change anything.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.

Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

The first thing you should check here is the condition of the batteries themselves. Most problems of this nature are battery or cable related. These should be load tested and checked for shorted cells at least once a year. Most places that sell batteries can do this for you. Clean or replace any cables with corrosion.......especially between the wiring and the terminal end. Clean the ground lead where it attaches to the chassis.

Once you do this get back to me if this won't reset and perform properly and we can do some further testing.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Batteries are new and fully charged. All terminal lug and connection corrosion was cleaned when installing new batteries Tuesday.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Take a multimeter and see what the incoming voltage is AT the inverter. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
13.3 VDC. Just so we understand each other, the coach is currently connected to 120 VAC, 30 amp shore power from my home. I'm starting to understand the Xantrex owner's manual a little better. As I read it, the blinking "Invert" status LED tells me the unit is in standby.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Most have several patterns of blinking which alerts you to several things. Which model Xantrex is this so I can pull up the manual and "be on the same page" with you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Freedom 458.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
You probably have the manual, but go and CLICK HERE is you don't. See page 31 for the troubleshooting LED status possibilities. That voltage should be fine.
Tell me which set of blinking LEDs you have here and I can direct you further. I only show "standby" with solid green as in charge mode OR blinking green in invert mode. Please clarify exactly what you show here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Second line: Invert = blinking green. Charge = solid green. The other two are off. That is on the unit itself. On the remote panel in the coach I still have the random-like blinking of many of the LEDs. I have AC power to the refrigerator and microwave. No interior lights will come on. I have power to operate the slideouts. The battery voltage is higher -- near 14 VDC now. I can hear the inverter buzz a little and the sound of a cooling fan running in the inverter.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
The lights on the interior don't come through the inverter..........they receive power directly from the battery. Check the fuses or resettable breakers in your power center. The fridge runs off DC power for the control board as do the other appliances, except for the microwave. That blinking on the inverter shows no fault, just normal operation. If you show something else on the remote I would check the connections first. Unplug the remote and plug it back in again after a few minutes.

The battery charging mode will show almost 14 VDC or slightly higher when in some stages. That is a three stage charger. That "buzz" and cooling fan are not uncommon. On the lights you may have a grounding issue and some testing with your meter can help you sort this out. Running a trial ground with your meter and checking power in and out of the switch and fixtures can show you that. R.J.