Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

itasca Motor Home with a coleman RVComfort.HP thermostat #8530..shuts

I have a Itasca Motor Home with a Coleman RVComfort.HP thermostat #8530-345. When on A/C the temp swings are way to wide for comfort. Set at 75, unit comes on at 77 and shuts off at 73 which is very uncomfortable. Can anything be done about this to narrow the swing.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hi There!!

Not sure how much you are going to gain but can you tell me how many zones you have on the thermostat and which zone is the problem?

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a 29' RV with only one (1) zone.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

OK

Yes I just checked. On some of the thermostats it is an option to add a remote thermostat to the control box in the AC unit but on your model that is not an option. The only thing you can do is re-locate the thermostat or at least experiment to see if you can get the temp dialed in. Being a tech I will say these are very touchy and the thermostat needs to be away from any windows, drafts, heat etc and needs to been in the line of circulation to sense the correct temp. I would pull the cover off and remove the screws and let the thermostat hang down and see what happens, you should have enough of wiring to do this.

I worked for one manufacturer and they put the thermostat right on the audio video cabinet, well that cabinet got really warm and would give a false reading to the thermostat.

There are no settings on this and the only other thing to try, is if this has a glass fuse under the cover, pull it wait a few mins and put it back in, sometimes this will reset the thermostat and also takes care of some faults when they occur.

I would try and move the thermostat around and see what happens, it will not take much..

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!