Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

how to remove refrigerator WV Eurovan Camper 2001 (Winnebago)

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hi There!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer...

IS it stuck in place? Do you have the model number and manufacturer of the fridge?

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NORCLD, 3 way refrigerator, AC/LP/DC
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NORCOLD Model3163
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

I am going to start off fresh on how I remove these. First I go and turn the LP gas off and bleed the system at the stove. Then un hook the 12 volt supply on the outside, tape the wires. Unplug the AC voltage and on the bottom of each side of the fridge look for screws and remove them, sometimes silicone is used and it will have to come off. Next go inside and many times the upper and lower trim need to come off and you will find the screws holding it to the cabinet, sometimes there are also screws on the sides. Once all the screws are out clear an area and put some card board on the floor. Have someone push from the outside and someone on the inside pulling set the fridge on the cardboard. IF you have an ice maker disconnect the line once it is out a little.

The challenge is getting it out the door, sometimes you can tip one corner out the door and rotate. ON some, normally don't see this but it does happen a window or windshield has to come out to get them out. That happens but rare.

If you have any questions get me the model number and I might be able to help you more.

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!

Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Click HERE and you will see the installation directions for this models, click that link on the top and it will tell you how that is installed, to be honest this one is a little bit different then what I expected.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX done all that, before asking my questions. The holding problem was the fridge inside screw of "L" attaching fridge mold, behind the cabinet attaching "L" edge. I just had to force it out.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for Letting me know, these are always difficult in part because the screws can be in different locations. I have seen them in various places, I am glad you got it out..