gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

How do I check the ignition module on a hydro flame rv heater?

How do I check the ignition module on a hydro flame rv heater? my heater runs but will not fire up
What is the make and model of the heater?
There are several things this could be,limit switch,sail switch,LP pressure or even the control board.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the heater is a model 8531-111 by hydroflame
The first thing to check is the limit switch,see if there is 12 volts going to it and from it,there should be two white wires going toward the front of the furnace they will be going to the limit switch,this is all done from outside behind the door,then check the sail switch,it is mounted behind the large black cover on the large swirl cage,check for 12 volts in and out of it,power then goes to the board and tells it to light,if either switch is not allowing 12 volts through it,it will need to be replaced,most rv shops can test the board for you before you replace it,most of the time its a limit or sail switch.Here is a manual on the Atwood heater,it explains what I have said.Let me know,we will go from here if needed.