Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

norcold n611 refridgerator that flashes 5 times.

Customer Question

I have a Norcold N611 refridgerator that flashes 5 times.
I tried to reset the board but it still flashes.
Now what?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

Is the unit level? Most No Co codes are a result of being out of level. Take a look at the burner area and see if there is any yellowish residue there. Get back to me and we can sort this out. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is VERY level.

No yellowish residue.

It don't work on AC or LP.

Was working fine 2 months ago.

I turned the switch on the day b4 yesterday overnight and the green light stayed lit like it should but never got cold. Then I switched it back and forth and now it flashes the 5 time thing.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Are you operating this on LP mode or AC mode? GO HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this. See pages 21 and 37 and 38 for issues dealing with this. Once I know which mode you are using I can offer more. In the meantime check under the roof vent and see if there is any debris there. And if not, take it off and look down inside the flue area and see if some insulation fell on top of the condenser area. Or is some critters got into that area and built a nest. I have actually taken a bird's nest out of one with 6 birds! Mice can build nests or packrats. If this fridge is located in a slide out let me know as well. This is propbably an air flow issue OR the cooling unit took a dump. Get back to me with what you find and we can go from there. R.j.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked the roof vent and it is all clear.

Trying on AC, the green light flashes 5 times every 3 seconds.

On LP, the orange light is on and the green light flashes 5 times every 3 seconds.

I already did what the service manual said to do and that didn't reset it either.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
If you have a 628661 control board you need this reset HERE. If the board won't reset then it needs to be replaced. If you are in doubt about this have a mobile tech take a look at this for you. R.j.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I still haven't got the problem diagnosed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Problem is still not diagnosed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Problem is still not diagnosed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Problem not solved yet.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
One response if sufficient...............I think this is going to take a technician visit to resolve.
The board won't reset until the problem that caused this is resolved. R.j.