Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

i have a rockwood freedom 1940 LTD 2001 popup and its very

i have a rockwood freedom 1940 LTD 2001 popup and its very hard to crank up what can i do ?? need to find a service manual to down load [email protected]
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

This can be caused by a number of things.............and most of the time deal with inadequate lubrication on the parts. GO HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this system. This should get you what you need, but get back to me if you need more help on this as follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have the single cable lift in the front to the tube underneath with the springs in it do i need to clean it then put grease in that tube or just put the grease in it ?? also the service link is for twin lifts one on each side thank u

Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
That is the only manual they show for a might have to go to Forest River for one. See the manual on the lubrication instructions. These vary by manufacturer. Many use a silicone lubricant, rather than an oil based one so that the dust doesn't make it a mess. Most of these pop ups work much better with a few people "helping" them on the way up. Lots of cable problems on these from too much stress. Go here for the Forest River contact info.................

Forest River Inc.
PO Box 124
Sales:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> Service:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> E-mail:

Sales Information: [email protected]

Product Mgr: Roy
Admin. Nancy Nigh(Asst)
[email protected]

Warranty: Ron Summers
[email protected]

Warranty: XXXXX XXXXXon
[email protected]

Parts&Service: Randy Houser
[email protected]

Parts: Darrell Christenson
Service: Chad Peters
[email protected]

[email protected]

Forest River Parts and Service(NNN) NNN-NNNN&(NNN) NNN-NNNN Numbers are from the 2004-5 Yellow Book for South Bend/Elkhart/Goshen Area.
(NNN) NNN-NNNNor(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> Contacts at the time:
- Steve Byler Sales (x111)
- Mike Markum Ultralite Warranty (x115)
- Mike Yoder Service Manager (x108)