Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I have a 21 ft Rockwood Roo hybrid camper trailer. Bought new

I have a 21 ft Rockwood Roo hybrid camper trailer. Bought new Feb 2000 for $12K. It flooded just above floor level in 2010. Linoleum discolored and half the floor area, including bathroom, is soft to walk on. A dealer estimated $3000 "to overlay into hallway" (outside bathroom) or "bathroom only $1500 to $2000". Don't know repair details (except that the toilet will have to come up) or how to evaluate this situation. Is it worth $3K considering age of the trailer? Will "overlay" repair provide a good fix, something that will work for years?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael, have done many of these.........the overlaymet will firm the floor, and provide a flat base for the new linolieum,,,,,(or carpet if you change),,,,,,,,,,,,,,problem here is that if the complete floor is not overlayed, you end up with a 'step' or 'stumbler' at the 3/4 " transition.......................other than this, and make sure the floor is 'completely dry' and use some bleach to 'kill' any bacteria or spores that may have decided to take root...............its much work , mainly in the fitting of the wood into the room...........takes time, this operation should take in time aprox...20 hrs @ their shop rate per hour,,,,,material is not that much the other 1K will more than pay for it,,,,,,suggestion,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,have them (if they havnt suggested it already) let you supply the linolieum,,,,,,,,,this way you can pick exactly what you want,,,,,,and its quality......................Now " is it worth it" ........through the years has been a constant question posed..........My reply is always the same..................The coach has its true value to you the customer,,,,,,,,and dollar figures do not put that into the equasion....................Will you see the money back when you sell?????? probably not...............there you have it...............Michael
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Last brie question. I take it you are saying "overlayment' can be a viable fix.
Tom
Yes that is correct..................