Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I have a 1977 Dodge Sportsman TEC Travelmate camper in fair

Customer Question

I have a 1977 Dodge Sportsman TEC Travelmate camper in fair to good condition & I want to spruce it up so My wife will agree to spend some time in it. The AC unit makes noise but no fan kicks on nor does cold air come out. I don't know how to fire up the water heater, gas fridge or to get the shower to go. I generally need some one to have a look at it and tell me what I can or can't do to make it camper worthy...
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael , hi first of all lets look at the ac.......the noise may be the compressor comming on, but no fan,,,,,is that correct? And please give me the mfgr and model numbers of the appliances you have, I will get you the information,,,,,,,,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found the model # XXXXX

and the serial # XXXXX /p>

but I cant find the manufacturer of the g-drn thing

Ok , the water heater is does it have a pilot you light, and is the unit square or rectangle? The refer number is XXXXX inside the box or on the back...What about the a/c do you hear it humming,,,,,,,is it dometic , duotherm, coleman
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there is a unit on the inside (under the fridge) called a Duo-therm it looks like the heater and there is a unit with access from a hinged door on the outside that is the water heater and it is square. Both units have places to light pilot and control knobs. Sorry I am so ignorant of this stuff, if you wanted me to cook or play music now thats where I rock!
Right on no problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,first I want you to bleed the air out of the propane system by lighting the stove,,,,,,,,,,if air comes out, wait until it lights...........The water heater is a Morflow,,,,,,,,,,and the furnace is a Duotherm,,,,,,,,,,,I'll see what I can come up with so you can have something for your records,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but the refer, that model number would be sweet.........
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience: Serving the rv industry since 1977
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the refer unit is an Insta-Matic (magnivox)

MOD# XXXXX

Prod#(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Ser# XXXXX 012 or(NNN) NNN-NNNN (it looks like there may be a 1 at the end but kinda worn)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
please contact me at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX if you could
Sorry, I am not allowed by Just Answer rules to communicate with anyone outside of this format..................... click here this is a link to an online copy of the service manual to your refer