Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

Utility: trailer..Atwood mobile products Rockford..sae

I have bought a used utility trailer and the only information I found on the tongue says "Atwood mobile products Rockford, IL 61103 USA P/N 80072/84176/80073/80075 Don not exceed 5000 lbs gross weight 700 lbs tongue load sae/csa class 3 2 inch ball"
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael the vin number is XXXXX on the steel that makes up the tongue,,,,,,,,,,,could be painted over depending how old it is, many coats of paint,,,,,,,,,,,need a wire brush, clean reall well,,,,,,,,,,wire wheel, depending again on the application....................Atwood mobile products is still in business, but I'm sure it only relates to the tongue jack..................Michael
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would the p/n 80072/84176/80073/80075 be the vin number? or what would the vin number look like (how many numbers and letters am I looking for?) and what part of the tongue would this be located on on? (front, back, underneath)
: 1 G 1 F P 2 2 P X S 2 1 0 0 0 0 1 has this many letters and numbers,,,,will be on the steel somewhere on the V from the ft of the box on the trailer, to the 'atwood' tongue jack,,,,,,,,,,,if its C channel steel look under, inside could be anywhere.............. , trailer VIN plate location is not standardized which makes it more difficult to find. Use the following strategy for finding the trailer VIN number (one by one). - Inspect trailer tongue (metal bars at the front end of the trailer) is the most common VIN location on a trailer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will the year, make and model be able to be determined from the vin # ?
yes all of that information is contained in the vin number....................