Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Our RV refrigerator stays too cold and freezes..adjusting..mechanism

Our RV refrigerator stays too cold and freezes everything.
I have tried adjusting the thermostat ,that is a slide mechanism on the grills,
to no avail.
The model #RM2852
What advice can you suggest?
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

This is usually a thermister issue. It can be tested if you have a multimeter. Go HERE for a copy of the Service Manual which describes this procedure. Please get back to me if you need more help with this. Follow up questions are included in our fee. R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can the thermister be replaced without taking the fridge out of the motorhome?
Yes..........but, sometimes you do have to take it loose and move it forward some as the thermister enters up higher than the opening for the inspection. If you look inside the box you can see it attached to the fins with a plastic clip. It has to come in from the rear so most of the time I take the fridge loose and slide it forward about a foot so I can reach up in there to get the new one in the hole. If this tests out o.k. then it is usually the control board. Any shop can test that for you. If you need a new board you will want to go with one made by Dinosaur Electronics as they are far superior to the OEM boards and have an outstanding warranty should you ever need it. R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If it is the control board,what type of price would it be

and is it easy to replace?

It is easy to replace and comes with a great set of instructions. Price is about $105 at competitive places. Test the thermister first. Let me know if you need more on this. R.j.