Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a lippert LCI electronic leveling panel, I cant retract

Customer Question

I have a lippert LCI electronic leveling panel, I can't retract the jacks, it is in a gerorgetown 327 class A
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

So the panel for the touch pad shows no lights at all or are some of the lights flashing?
Please clarify this for me. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Lights are flashings on the left side of the panel, they are usually off, the on/off, retract, button lights on the right will not come on, therfore I am unable to retract the hydralic jacks, it has the wheels off the ground. I am assuming the system is jamed
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Do you have the manual for this or not? Go HERE for the trouble shooting manual for electronic touch pads. Follow the instructions and it may be just a reset can clear this.
Any computer chip control can do this just like your home computer freezes up. If you still have problems when you do this get back to me and we can sort it out. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no manuel for this panel only a general manuel , I have tried to reset the system by turning the power off and restarting the panel

Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Did you go through the trouble shooting steps in the manual link I gave you? Go HERE for that and I would print out a copy. Get back to me if you can't get it to reset. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi followed instructions I turned the inginition to run, put brake on, turn igition to off and back to run, did not re set
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
So what is flashing now? Still the same or different? Be sure you give me the exact description so I know what to tell you. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Randall, the system is on, the flashing lights are off, when I press retract it starts on the front jacks yet it is unable to retract, keep in mind the jacks have the tires off the ground.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
So just the green light is on..............no error lights flashing at all. When you press retract all it starts and then stops..............but, no error lights come on? Do I have this correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes the system starts with the front right, the jack does not retract it times it self out and the panel shuts down again
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like a voltage issue............I would check the batteries and cables. You should have them load tested and checked for shorted cells at least once a year. The cables should be clean on the terminals and not have any corrosion between the terminals and the wiring. Replace any that are bad. Check the ground lead where it attaches to the chassis. That can become corroded and keep the system from making a complete circuit.
If the batteries are low on water so that the tops of the plates show they probably are going to be "toasted" and need replacing. If you remove them be sure you mark the cables well so you get them hooked up the same way and mark where the positive and negative posts were in the tray. Once you get this resolved I think you will find it will work. If not, get back to me. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Randell this RV is new just purchased Monday, I am on my way home with it 1500 miles from the dealer and Sunday, the issues you mention I checked, plus I am pluged into an electrical outlet in a park.

I noticed the rear jacks are down more than the front, what if we tried the manuel retraction any advice on this front?

Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
If this is out of level now it may have the jacks in a bind.............try to relevel this and then do the jacks together. Manually level it again. Come up with the rear if those are low. Is the dealer close or not? You may need some technical help that I can't give you. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the dealer and manufacture is closed, I have tried the manual procedure it will not release, I will wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for trying

Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Sorry we couldn't get this going for you...........be sure they give you some additional instruction on this so you don't get in a jam again..........and it may be something in the system. You might give Lippert a call...........they may have someone on during the weekends. They have been quite helpful for many instances. The number is on the manual. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Randall I don't seee the phone number can you email it to me,

Thanks

Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Must be the only manual without it.................sorry about that. 866 524 7821. Please let me know what the solution is. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Thanks.........