Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

Generac IM52 (other info on the generator) model 9462-1 303775

Customer Question

Generac IM52
(other info on the generator)
model 9462-1
303775 type 0119-01

Need wiring diagram for this model
it is in a 91 winnebago elendan.

the one that i have does not have a PCB board.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 3 years ago.

Michael Reush :

Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.........Michael

Michael Reush :

click here here is a link to your generator, it is pdf so wait for it..........................look at page 14, there is your diagram..........Michael

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
I am here waiting for your response........Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its the IM52 but wrong sub, in the wiring diagram (mine has no PCB Board) this one shows a pcb board.
I need the serial number off of the unit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and again the model number, any information there is helpful.....................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i will have to wait until i get home to set that (6:30est)
the person that had the rv before me monkied all around with the wiring on everything.
I have all new replays, choke control, voltage regulator.
just some wires were burnt and coating melted away and looks like they just removed the wires.

The system will start but the fuel pump never comes on (i can gravity feed it and it will run until the cows come home (until the fuel runs out)) and thats the only way to stop it.

So i started manually pulling each wire and labbing its location and thats were i found that somethings not right
thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
serial(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
another number on the plate called code 94041911
I got it I'll do some research,,,,,,,thanks
Just so you know what I'm up against, Briggs and Stratton bought Generac . some of their units, and thereabout...Anyway, crossreferancing, and so on so on .......I'm comming up against brick walls, but I'll keep trying.................
I hate to say it but with thoes numbers, I get nowhere, I will opt out and allow another expert to help you
Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 years ago.

Hello!
Thank you for choosing Just Answer for the solution to your problem.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am going to assist you with this.

Could I please get you to recheck your numbers - perhaps you may have misread a couple and/or got a couple switched around?

The model number 9462-1, I can not get to come up at all.

The serial number you gave,(NNN) NNN-NNNN comes up as being for a GH220 engine.

The number 303775 type 0119-01 identifies this engine as a Briggs and Stratton.

The IM-52 genset should have a model number of 860-0.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have not found any other number plate anywhere unless it was removed.
But the tags on it are generac corp.

as stated this only has a few relays, 30 amp circuit breakers, choke solenoid, voltage regulator, low oil switch, start / stop switch, remote start (NO PCB BOARD).

so if one looks at the electrical data and see that theres a PCB board then its not this model.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 years ago.

This is very strange, indeed.

Let me do some more digging.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 3 years ago.

I think I have the correct diagram now.

This is weird - your serial number indicates a GH220 engine.

Your model number says that this is not an IM-52, but an NP52G.

See if this schematic doesn't help you.

1. When you click on the link below, a new web page called 4shared will open.

2. When 4shared opens, scroll about half way down the page until you see a BLUE ‘Download Now' button on the left side.

3. Click on the BLUE ‘Download Now' button. Do not click on any GREEN buttons.

4. Clicking on the BLUE button will start a 20 second timer.

5. When the timer expires, a BLUE link that says ‘Download Now' will appear directly above the timer.

6. Click on the blue ‘Download Now' link above the timer to start the download.

Click here to download the file.

Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience: RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.