Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

1986 Ford: RV...leaky..front of the pedestal will start to get damp

Customer Question

I have a 1986 Ford Jamboree 23 ft RV. I cannot figure out what is causing my leaky toilet. When the water is turned on from the out side source, sometimes the floor just in front of the pedestal will start to get damp. Then if I turn the water off and use the pump, the pump puts water on the floor and the pump motor keeps grindings... What am I doing wrong. Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer, I will quickly, and methodicly work through your repair needs.......Thank you.....The toilet valves are notorious for leaking, if you put your hand at the back of the toilet, with the water on, touch the valve, and look at your hand for wetness, ..........If you can give me the model of the toilet I can give you a link to the part, once we have verified this is the problem............Michal
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes! it is leaking by the valves at the rear of the toliet - model sl(low) sh(hi) Aqua Magic by Thetford

If you want to repair the toilet that valve is available, because it is pretty old this is the time to consider replacing it, I will send you a link.........Michael click here this link will take you to an online parts store, where you can purchace the part or the toilet, A less expensive and quicker solution, is to to a local Camping World, they will have the part, and the toilet. If I have helped please click on the accept button......Thanks...Michael