Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Fuel pump and filter located an 1990 fleetwood flair ford chassis

Customer Question

where is fuel pump and filter
located an 1990 fleetwood flair ford chassis
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
Hi: I just came on here and noticed that nobody had answered your question yet, probably due to the lateness of the hour. Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

The fuel pump and sender assy is located in the tank and the filter is located along the inside of the driver's side frame rail...........can't miss it. Please get back to me if you need more help with this. Follow up questions are included in our fee. I will be out for a few hours today and then check back in later. R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Randall thank you. Is this a common pump ford might have used in something else. If not what info do i need to find one or what supplier do I refer to. Iam broke down in sterling Co thank you.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
Any automotive parts store should have one. These are sold by a number of companies and available as a rebuilt unit. Be sure that the filter isn't the problem first. Do you have a shop working on this for you? The tank has to be dropped some in order to get the pump out on most model years. Be sure you have power to the pump and that this isn't a blown fuse or some other electrical issue. Please let me know if you need more on this. R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

replaced both pumps and drove 200 miles. RV quit again acting like out of gas. Generator acts like out of gas. I took the line loose on generator carb jumped fuel pump lots of fuel but still dont start is there some kind of elec connection that might be keeping them both from starting or getting fuel like fuse or relay if so where are they located

Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
I would give Fleetwood Customer Service a call at 800 322 8216 and give them your VIN number and have them send you a set of wiring schematics for this coach. Go HERE for a photo of the fuel pump relay..........I believe it is on the fender well, but it varies from year to year. This may be a bad connection. We do have several good generator techs on here. I let them do these. Let me know if you need me to pass this over.........R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Randall thanks for all the good advice will do that first thing in the morning

Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
Get back to me when you have those...........and then check the connections. R.J.