Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

The leveling jacks on our rv wont retract

Customer Question

the leveling jacks on our rv wont retract. we've read the manual and have checked and tried everything we know of.... any ideas? we dont know what to do. thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is Randall and perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What is the number on the touch pad if any? Once I have that I can pull the correct manual so we can be on the same page while I help you with this. R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the part number is 1401226. this is the number on the touch pad controller. the model number in the manual is 500629 (i think). this is an electric leveling system... it is not hyd. we noticed that the slide out will not work now either.
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
Go HERE for a copy of the Service Manual for this system. Go through the trouble shooting steps. You will need a multimeter to test some of these things. If the slide room won't work either I suspect one of the breakers that control the power is tripped or the key switch or parking brake circuits are at fault. Double check those items and then get back to me if you need more help on this. R.J.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there any way to manually retract the jacks?
Expert:  Randall replied 5 years ago.
No..............not unless you would rig up a harness that controlled all of them and that might be hard to do. Do you have a multimeter so you can run a few of the tests they outline to see if you have voltage at the control. Also see if the fuses on the back of the touch pad are good. I suspect this is a problem at the batteries on the main feed to the jacks. Are you plugged into shore power or do you have the generator on or available? Knowing the voltage at the batteries would help. R.J.