RIP ROBERT
RIP ROBERT, R.V. TECH & MECHANIC
Experience:  35 plus years HANDS ON WORK TROUBLE SHOOTING & REPAIRS
8361237

Brakes..the rotors replaced the calipers..master cylinder..pedal

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Itasaca Suncruiser 34 foot class A with serious brake problems. Since I purchased it the brakes have felt spungy have had it into the shop several times last year we turned the rotors replaced the calipers replaced the master cylinder the vacum booster the proportioning valve bled the brakes I just returned from a short trip and could not make a panic stop. The pedal is always spungy at times I have to pump the brakes 3 to 4 times to get pedal enough to stop. The pedal will go all the way to the floor if I step on it hard I then have to let up and pump it some more. Any helpo will be greatly appreciated.
Category: RV
Expert:  RIP ROBERT replied 6 years ago.

RIP ROBERT :

Hi; I am not sure that the master is in good working order, but I would completely bleed the brake systems. Sounds like there is air in the lines. Large Motor homes have a lot of brake line that needs to be bled. Pressure bleeding can help.