gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

have 2010 Aliner RV Want to hook up marine battery. I know

have 2010 Aliner RV Want to hook up marine battery. I know where the ground wire goes, attached to chassis .
Are you talking about the harness that plugs into the truck,is this where the wires are coming from? If there is one from the trailer and one from the truck harness they will both be positive connections,one will be battery power to the trailer and the one from the truck harness will be the charge from the truck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
These are separate from the trailor light harness. One wire to chassis ground , one with in-line 20amp fuse and a single wire all with connector for the battery. I am going to hook up the car to the rv and test the three leads before attaching to battery.
That is what I would do to be on the safe side,the one with the fuse will be a positive.You can also plug the trailer into 110 volts and check with your meter,one should be a charge from the converter inside the trailer,this will also be a positive wire as well.Most trailers only have one ground to the battery,they simply connect any other grounds they need in the trailer to the frame as they need to.