gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

All my hot water faucets in RV will not work

All my hot water faucets in RV will not work. The cold faucets are working fine except for the the faucet in the kitchen where the hot water heater is located. my guess is the water heater is not working but dont know what to check. the tank is hot. also i found the circuit breaker tripped for the hot water heater, i reset that,, still nothing. any ideas?

thanks

tom
Category: RV
Expert:  gene replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tom,
What is the make and model of the water heater?
Does it work on LP?
Do you have water coming out the faucets and its just not hot at all or is it warm and turns cold quickly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a Atwood 6 gallon. Not sure of model number. Both faucets do nothing in the kitchen. The bathroom sink and shower cold faucets both work but not the hot ones. No water comes out the hot faucet. In the kitchen no water comes out of either the hot or cold. It worked yesterday. I woke up today and it was broke. I found the circuit breaker for the hot water heater tripped. My trailer has a switch tha allows me to use electric or gas. I had the switch on electric

Thanks.
Expert:  gene replied 5 years ago.
If you look on the back of the water heater,see if you have a bypass kit,it will be a series of valves,turn the valves opposite of what they are and see if you have water flow out the faucets.Here is a manual on the water heater,may help,but is good to have.Change the bypass valves and let me know.If you get water out the faucets when you bypass the water heater,there is a check valve on the top port on the back of the water heater,remove the check valve,if it has come apart,install a new check valve,everything should work with the new check valve.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well gene, i went and played 18 holes of golf,, came back and everything was working,, dont understand but i'll take it,,, thanks for your help and the manual,,, appreciate it

tom
Expert:  gene replied 5 years ago.
No problem Tom,let me know if you need anything else,Gene