Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My rv microwave makes a grinding noise .It seems the turntable

Customer Question

My rv microwave makes a grinding noise .It seems the turntable is making the noise.Can you give me some advise as to what may be the cause?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this issue.

What is the make and model of your microwave? Get back to me with that and I can assist you further. R.J.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My Rv microwave is a Dometic.The mod.#DMW10B.It is built-in.I would like to repair it or replace it,but so far I have not been able to find a replacement that will fit in its place.Maybe you could recommend a replacement if this one is not repairible.Thanks Ray.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Well, Ray............the first thing to check is to be sure that the ring under the turntable isn't cocked off and causing this. That will make a grinding noise. If that isn't it, then it will be time for a new one as Dometic doesn't service many parts for their microwaves. I don't know why so many of the manufacturers use them as this is so frustrating for customers.
I can try to come up with a replacement for you. Let me do some checking and get back to you later today. Go HERE for a place that has some Dometic parts listed. If this is a motor going bad they may have it. Go HERE for a manual which may be useful. This trim just screws onto the unit as shown. You can take it off and use any microwave that is the same general demension..........so long as it is close. I have used several others from time to time. You can even do away with this trim and just sit the new one up into the hole if that is the way yours is mounted. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 12/19/2010 at 2:58 PM EST
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience: RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the Feedback comment.........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. You can always ask for me by name. Most of the time I can give you a quick answer and save you a bunch of $$$ besides. R.J.