gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

How to wire an Atwood gas furnace model 8535-iv dclp?

Here is the service manual on the heater, it shows the wiring and how to wire it, what problem are you having?

Read full interaction below »

How do I wire an Atwood gas furnace model number 8535-iv dclp to a RV comfort thermostat model number 8530a345?

Category: RV

Here is the service manual on the heater, it shows the wiring and how to wire it, what problem are you having?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have four wires coming from the furnace and two wires from my stat and when I wire it according to the diagram the furnace fan will run when the stat is off. When I turn the stat to heat position it tries continually reset.

What t-stat do you have?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I put the brand and model number on the original message

Coleman-correct? Coleman uses 12 volts from the furnace to power the thermostat.
the furnace should be wired-red is 12 volt positive, yellow is ground, the two blues are to the t-stat, one of the two blue wires is 12 volt power to the t-stat, switch the two blue wires from the way they are connected now and it should work properly. If they are reversed the t-stat will not function properly. Here is some info on the t-stat for your records as well.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

When I reverse the blue wires, I lose power to the stat.

Then the thermostat is wired correctly, if no wiring on the t-stat has been changed, the t-stat is bad and needs replaced.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Brand new stat , furnace, and wires

You installed new wires from the heater to the t-stat and from the t-stat to the a/c? The only thing that can cause any problem with the heater functioning is the t-stat wiring, shorted together? The furnace will only come on when the t-stat closes and the two blue wires come together, if the wiring from the t-stat to the heater is good and not shorted together, it is the t-stat or a problem in the furnace itself, disconnect the t-stat wires at the t-stat and the heated and ohm them out for continuity.