gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

How do I wire a Atwood gas furnace model number 8535-iv dclp

How do I wire a Atwood gas furnace model number 8535-iv dclp to A rv comfort.hp thermostat model number 8530a345 ?
Category: RV
Expert:  gene replied 3 years ago.
Here is the service manual on the heater,it shows the wiring and how to wire it,what problem are you having?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have four wires coming from the furnace and two wires from my stat and when I wire it according to the diagram the furnance fan wll run when the stat is off. When I turn the stat to heat position it tries continually reset
Expert:  gene replied 3 years ago.
What t-stat do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I put the brand and model number on the original message
Expert:  gene replied 3 years ago.
Coleman-correct?Coleman uses 12 volts from the furnace to power the thermostat.
the furnace should be wired-red is 12 volt positive,yellow is ground,the two blues are to the t-stat,one of the two blue wires is 12 volt power to the t-stat,switch the two blue wires from the way they are connected now and it should work properly.If they are reversed the t-stat will not function properly.Here is some info on the t-stat for your records as well.

Edited by gene on 10/30/2010 at 9:22 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I reverse the blue wires I lose power to the stat
Expert:  gene replied 3 years ago.
Then the thermostat is wired correctly,if no wiring on the t-stat has been changed,the t-stat is bad and needs replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Brand new stat , furnace, and wires
Expert:  gene replied 3 years ago.
You installed new wires from the heater to the t-stat and from the t-stat to the a/c?The only thing that can cause any problem with the heater functioning is the t-stat wiring,shorted together?The furnace will only come on when the t-stat closes and the two blue wires come together,if the wiring from the t-stat to the heater is good and not shorted together,it is the t-stat or a problem in the furnace itself,disconnect the t-stat wires at the t-stat and the heated and ohm them out for continuity.
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience: 28 yrs exp in the industry