gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Where is the water pump located on a 2001 31 foot Coachmen Mirada?

Category: RV
Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
Where is the water tank on this model,under the bed?All depends on which floor plan you have.This is an info request.

Edited by gene on 10/16/2010 at 1:29 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It's the 300 QB floor plan.
Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
Is the water tank under the bed?Does the pump still work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The pump isn't working. The pump switch shows there's power to the pump, since there's a light which is illuminated when the switch is turned on. I don't know where the water tank is. I can't look under the bed because there's a sheet of plywood attached to the bed frame. The water hookup is located on the rear driver's side of the coach. The bed is located in the rear of the coach. Does that help?
Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
The bed should lift up,water tank is under the bed and pump is mounted near the tank or sometimes in the drivers side night stand,remove the drawer and look down on the floor.Unless this is a diesel pusher,check for catches holding down the bed platform?There is always storage under the beds.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>How can I be sure that it's the pump that's defective? When I hit the water pump switch in 12 volt mode, I hear nothing, and the pump is not pumping. When I plug into shore power and hit the switch, I hear a humming noise, and the pump is not pumping.</p><p>P.S. The only time I use the water pump is to pump anti-freeze into the lines.</p>
Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
Quick way to check it is put water in the fresh water tank and turn it on to see if it is pumping or not.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I tried using the small hose which connects to the control panel for the water system (Coachmen calls it the Waterworks) which I then inserted into a gallon jug of anti-freeze, and the pump did not operate. That procedure has always worked in the past. Is that a pretty good indicator that the pump is shot?

Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
I know the manifold or water station you are talking about,be sure the valves are in the right position,get some antifreeze in the line and blow it into the pump,diaphram is probably stuck,this should get it going.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Did you get the email which I sent about 1/2 hour ago?

Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
Bob, I didn't get anything.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My email was to inform you that it took me until today to check out the suggestions you gave me on Saturday. I had to unscrew 3 screws so I could lift the plywood up to check underneath the bed to see if the pump was located there. The water tank and pump are located there. FYI: They take up the entire area beneath the bed. There is no storage room there. My question is: The existing pump is a Shurflo rated at 2.8 gallons per minute and a psi of 45. Will a Flojet pump rated at 3.2 gpm and a psi of 35 work as a replacement for the Shurflo?

Thanks, Bob

Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
Yes Bob it will work just fine,you may need a couple fittings to install the flowjet if it don't have 1/2 pipe threads on both sides.