gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Hi - we have a 1985 Fleetwood Prowler 29 travel trailer.

Customer Question

Hi - we have a 1985 Fleetwood Prowler 29' travel trailer. Where do we find the VIN? There is a welded plate on the left side of the tongue, but it's been painted over. Is that definitely the VIN plate and/or is there any chance of the VIN being elsewhere? I've looked through all cabinets. Thanks!
Category: RV
Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
That should be the vin plate,they stamp the vin on the A frame,if you sand off the paint you should be able to read it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Gene - thanks for your response! That's a very generic answer - one that many have mentioned when I googled my question. Any other advice???? Thanks!

Expert:  gene replied 6 years ago.
The older models had them stamped on the a-frame,I will opt out and see if another expert knows something else to look for.