Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

what is the average life (mileage) of a motor home 28 to 31

what is the average life (mileage) of a motor home 28' to 31' with a 460 ford powerplant?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. This is going to vary quite a bit as it depends on so many factors. The care given to see that service intervals are kept properly is very important as the stress on engine and drive train are higher in motor homes than cars. The climate has a lot to do with it on the coach part. Many motor homes are "worn out" due to extreme weather and lack of care even though the motor is in good shape. Florida is very hard on coaches as the heavy rain and high humidity is very hard on exteriors and roofs. Some owners put lots of miles on in long trips. Those tend to go longer than those who just do short ones and stay longer in one place. So to sum it up for you in some mileage figures I can tell you that it is unusual to see them with over 125K miles.......not that they won't go that far, as they can with proper care. We just don't see many that have that many miles on them. Hope that helps..........get back to me if you need more on this. R.J.