Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

we have a 2005 weekend warrior 27 ft toyhauler. The floor

we have a 2005 weekend warrior 27 ft toyhauler. The floor from the kitchen and in the bathroom have become very very soft enough that we have to replace the floor. We bought the toyhauler used and everything else works and is in great shape. However the floor is important. How hard would it be to replace it. What would be the best way to do that?
Debbie Lee
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Hi: Debbie..........Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. That depends on what cabinets have to be removed if any. Was there a leak someplace that caused this? Most of these floors are not that bad to replace if the joists underneath are not damaged. If so, then you need to do some work on beefing that part up and replacing any damaged under structure. Most toy haulers have just a vinyl floor covering so that isn't a big deal...........actually TPO on most of them as that is a much tougher material. You basically cut back to seams or joists and then install new wood with sheet rock screws and I use HD Liquid Nails as well to hold tighter and keep the floor from squeaking. Adding some additional cross members can beef up the floor and keep it from flexing so much. Some coaches don't put these on a short enough spacing. You may be able to match the covering and if so, then this won't hardly show when you are done. Be sure to find out what was leaking and get that fixed as well. Hope that helps...........get back to me if you need more help. R.J.