Nick, RVIA Certification
Experience:  5 years RV repair and reconstruction, Fleetwood RV Training course completion.

How do I improve my TV reception in my Camper?

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Nick replied 6 years ago.

If you are using the standard batwing antenna, you are somewhat limited by your location. Obviously, using your antenna booster makes a very big difference, but if you are using it, and still not great quality, there are a number of after market add on's that claim signal improvement.
Eg: Winegard's wingman converts your antenna to digital and does help with reception. it is very simple to install and will fit their standard roof antenna you have.

Also checking all coax connections is worth while effort. Any you can get at which may be loose or appear to be bad, replace it.

Unfortunately, there isn't much else we can do. It may be just poor signal area. since they are relatively low to the ground. compared to most house rooftops, and TV signals rely on line of sight from the tower, the reception is often degraded by trees, hills buildings etc.

I would also check if the booster is turned on, and then try a Wingman add on, available from most RV parts stores.

See if that helps.