Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

1984 fleetwood: wilderness..the blower doesnt kick in what..models

i have a 1984 fleetwood wilderness the furnace pilot light will light but the blower doesnt kick in what is the problem?does somebody make replacement parts for these older models?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Hi: Thank you for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. What is the make and model of your furnace. If this is an old Duo Therm it may be a challenge as these have been out of production for quite some time. Get back to me and let me see what I can come up with. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is a hydroflame FA-79-(P) it is in my 1986fleetwood wilderness
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
That should still have most parts available. The best way to check this is with a VOM meter or a 12 VDC test light so you can follow the current. There are a number of things that can cause this. Go HERE for a copy of the Service Manual which has the trouble shooting steps in it. Follow them one by one and isolate the problem. Most RV dealers will have parts for this or be able to get them for you. Be sure you have at least 12 VDC available at the unit. Low voltage can cause this. Also have the LP pressure checked at the regulator at least once each year. Low LP pressure is responsible for many gas related issues, especially on furnaces. Get back to me if you need more help with this. R.J.