RIP ROBERT
RIP ROBERT, R.V. TECH & MECHANIC
Experience:  35 plus years HANDS ON WORK TROUBLE SHOOTING & REPAIRS
8361237

IM restoring a 1972 winnebago indian..sat

IM restoring a 1972 winnebago indian. The entire break system needs to be replaced im told because the fluid ran dry and it sat for several years. Ive also been told it will cost over 2 thousand in parts. Does this sound About right? M300 chasis
where do i find good deals on parts?
HI;

IF YOU WERE TO HAVE TO REPLACE ALL THE LINES, WHEEL CYLINDERS, CALIPERS AND MASTER ETC. YES IT COULD RUN 2000 OR BETTER WITH THE LABOR COSTS. HAS ANY ONE REALLY LOOKED ADD YOUR METAL LINES TO SEE WHAT KIND OF SHAPE THERE IN? YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY. THANK YOU FOR USING JUST ANSWER.

THANK YOU,

RIP ROBERT
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey Rip; when i bought the winnebago the previous owner told me the rear brake cylinders were leaking and the breaks had gone out as he was trying to drive off my property where it had been stored. he rolled back down the hill and there it has sat for about two years. I gave him five hundred dollars for the winnie. He used it often in the years prior, so i didnt think it was going to be a big deal to get the breaks fixed, and get it back on the road. what would you suggest as a good starting point besides checking the metal lines, without opening a big can of worms.
HI;

I WOULD FLASH BY BLEEDING THE BRAKE SYSTEM AND SEE WHAT COMES OUT, SEE IF THE FLUID COMES OUT CLEAR. AFTER THAT TRY DRIVING TO SEE HOW THE BRAKES REPOND, LOOK TO SEE IF THERE IS FLUID LEAKING ANYWHERE. THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHERE TO GO NEXT.

THANK YOU,

RIP ROBERT