Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

2004 Fleetwood: 12V..drivers side..the passenger side.I..diagram

I have a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 36E. The 12V receptacles (3) in the cockpit did have
power, but no longer do. 2 are on the drivers side, cig. lighter + auxillary - - other is at
foot level on the passenger side.
I checked all of the fuses under the dash, and they correspond to the Ford diagram - are O.K.
The under hood panel is not like the diagram that Ford supplied with the coach, but I can
not find a blown fuse. Therefore, I am stymied. Can you help? Thanks, Lee
Hi, Lee........Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. A 12 VDC test light would be very helpful here. If you have checked all the fuses and are sure none is bad then the next thing would be to look under the dash which can be a chore depending on the model and see if you can see a wire that has come loose on the feed side or on the ground side. Also, if this was perhaps an additional to the coach not originally included with the wiring they may have fused this with an inline fuse. Take your test light and see what you can find and trace the wiring. Let me know what you find. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

These are all factory installations. I used a voltmeter attatched to a male cig. lighter plug to check the receptacles. The 2 aligned vertically under the dash instruments - put

there by Ford, showed undulating Mv readings. However, the plug over on the passenger side, put there by Fleetwood, read a steady 00.00. Am wondering why.

The underhood fuses labeled step, jacks, power mirror, horn, etc. I did not check, but

did check all other 15 & 20 amp fuses.

The Ford diagram of the underhood fuse block mentions a 20 amp fuse at location 22

for diagnostic tool connector & cigar lighter -- the exact one that I am looking for ------

but, location 22 is a blank space, and there are no other loctions labeled as such.

Obviously, this is the wrong schematic, as nothing is where indicated. I was hoping

that someone might have access to the proper one. Thanks, Lee.

You might give Fleetwood Customer Service a call at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand get a manual from them. They are available in PDF download or hard copy for about $15. I have also had some Ford chassis owners go to Ford for diagrams. I do not know what the cost is. Those are the two sources I know about. Sometimes is is faster just to wire up a new power source from the fuse block or from the battery. I do this lots of times when I can't find something as it saves the customer money and gets the job done. R.J.
Thanks for the positive Feedback comment...........much appreciated! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer. Best2u, R.J.