Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

limit: rv..I turn the thermostat..sail switch problem

I have a 901 series duo-therm furnace in my rv trailer.When I turn the thermostat on or up the motor comes on and runs but the furnace will not ignite.Would this be a sail switch problem or the limit switch or possibly the mother board.I would replace the furnace if I could figure out what to replace it with.Are parts availiable for this model anymore.If so can you tell me where to call or make contact.Thank You.Jim True
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Jim..........Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. The parts are getting harder to find for some of these. Most of the time this is going to be the control board unless it has been upgraded in the last few years. You want to be sure that the combustion chamber is still not leaking as that can be dangerous. As these age and the lining of the combustion chamber comes loose it can burn a hole in it. You have to pull the guts out of this to change the board so you can look at it then. Any shop can test this for you and sell you a new one if needed. A new furnace would be nice and several options are available depending on how much room you have in your coach. Go HERE for a manual on this which may help you. Please get back to me if you need more help with this. Don't forget to have the LP pressure checked at the regulator at least once each year as low LP pressure can cause a host of gas related issues. R.J.