Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

1989 ford econoline: hd 460..starter and 3 solenoids..gets stuck

Customer Question

1989 ford econoline rv 460. I Changed starter and 3 solenoids. Starter gets stuck in the on position untill I pull the positive conductor on battery. Any solutions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Is the Bendix drive still engaged or the solenoid just not disengaging? If it is the solenoid then this is usually in the key switch. If it is the Bendix drive you have to take the starter off and replace the worn parts. Hopefully the ring gear is still in good shape. Please get back to me if you have more questions relating to this issue. IF you found this information helpful, please hit the ACCEPT tab so I get credit for assisting you. It is the only way I get compensated for my time. All the best, R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
I always wonder why people come here and totally ignore what we tell them. Nevertheless, I will gladly opt out of this and perhaps another tech can weigh in on this for you. R.J.