Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have an Attwood Hydro Flame Mod# 8531-111 DCLP furnace in

I have an Attwood Hydro Flame Mod# XXXXX DCLP furnace in my 5th wheel, it lights and runs for a bit and then the flame goes out but fan runs forever? Replaced the electronic card and cleaned but still does it...what next?
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. There are numerous things that might cause this. The first thing to check is the LP pressure at the regulator. Low LP pressure is the cause of many gas related issues. Any RV shop can do this with a manometer. You can take the regulator into them to be checked. This should be done at least once each year. It sounds like you didn't get a newer style control board. They won't continue to run. The other two things that are the most likely is that the sail switch may be dirty and have lint around the base. The other thing which I would suspect is that the igniter is burned and not keeping a signal going to the flame sense portion of the board. You would have to pull the furnace to check this. Be sure that the voltage is at least 11.0 VDC or more. If this is the original motor the brushed may be about gone and you may need a new motor. A shop would most likely have to test that for you. I would have purchased a control board may by Dinosaur Electronics as they are far superior to the OEM boards. This could also be a t-stat problem, but not as likely. Go HERE for a manual for this unit. It has trouble shooting in it and I would print out a copy or Bookmark it for reference as they have lots of good material in there. Get back to me if you have additional questions relating to this issue. IF you found this information helpful, please hit the ACCEPT tab so I get credit for assisting you. It is the only way I get compensated for my time. All the best, R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 4/26/2010 at 10:26 AM EST
I would check around and see what Camping World has and maybe check online at E-Bay. They have upgraded this model but it is still basically the same furnace. I still think you can repair this one for a whole lot less. A new one is over $500 list........just a thought. Thanks for the positive Feedback........much appreciated! R.J.