Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

1999 rialta.

I have a 1999 Rialta. It has a bad generator. Can I obtain a new/used generator and how much
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Are you referring to the engine generator or the genset for the coach? Please clarify and I will get you some information. If this is the one for the engine I will need more information as there are 3 different ones. I will watch for your post. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 3/18/2010 at 9:04 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am referring to the coach generator. I believe it is a generic
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Is the whole thing shot or can it be repaired or do you want to change to another brand? What is the model of this unit? Do you need a price or just availability? Get back to me and I will get this for you. R.J.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
A weight off the flywheel came loose and went into the rotors/stators. I would like a price of a replacement generator new and used if possible. also if one is available.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
I would seriously think about an Onan unit as they are more reliable. What is the model number of the one you have so I can get you some prices and availability? R.J.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Do you still need help with this? Please let me know what model you have and I can get you some prices and availability on this. R.J.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am working on getting the model number. I will send it asap
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
O.K........I will be here all day and all day tomorrow. I will watch for your post. R.J.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model number for the generator is 00661-4 Serial number is XXXXX Series is NP30G I hope this is enough info.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Yes, and I will get back to you......

Edited by RANDALL on 3/22/2010 at 6:58 PM EST
Expert:  Randall replied 4 years ago.
Hi: That model is NLA and it might be tough to find a used one that you know is in good shape but you might try an RV wrecking yard in your location. The new model that replaces that one is a 4709 and the dimensions are 29" L x 19" W x 13.5" H. If you go HERE you can access the website and get the name of a dealer in your area. Onan makes a 2.8 KW unit about that size that retails for about $2,700 or so. I have had some success in finding used units like that. The last one we sold for $900 and it had about 100 hours on it. You might check e-Bay for used ones. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with this issue. IF you found this information helpful, please hit the "ACCEPT" tab so I get credit for assisting you. All the best, R.J.
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience: RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.