gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

2004 Monaco: rv technician..wiring diagram..right turn..passenger

Customer Question

Im an RV technician working on a 2004 Monaco Dynasty.Coach has no turn signals, but flasher relay is working.Need wiring diagram for turn signals Any suggestions. Turn signal switch is working and powering up flasher relay but know indicator lights on dash for left or right turn. No turn signal lights on front or rear on driver or passenger sides. All brake, running, and headlights working properly. Can not locate terminal blocks for front and rear turn signals. Dont know if this model works off a relay system or controller. Need wiring schematic and location of points of interest for this problem.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Did you try calling Monaco yet? The number I show for them is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Let me know how that works out. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes Randall I have tried to contact Monaco but due to there merging with Navistar technical data is limited. Latest contact information was that they couldnt retrieve any updated prints for that model and year coach. Wiring was changed in 2004 from previous years. Maybe this will help. Last six of Vin# XXXXX Last six of S.N.#003630. Not much help on Monaco end.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
I don't have anything else that would help you. My first thought is that this may be a ground issue. As you probably know, many times these things are a bad ground. You may be correct that the signal does go though a relay or controller of some type. Does this unit have any kind of switching hardware made by Intellitec? Many of their products also contain fuses and boards. If so, take the cover off the box and see if you have a bad fuse or a relay out. I can get you a link to one they use a lot if you don't have it. Go HERE for that. Notice the fuses. Let me know what you find. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 3/9/2010 at 5:40 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Turns out Randall that flasher relay was not allowing enough voltage through to engage turn signals or indicator lamps on dash. Flasher relay was working but voltage was low. Replaced flasher relay and all started working properly. I could not see this problem with a test light. Used multimeter to diagnose. Thank you for your prompt help in this matter. Its repairs like this that makes me want to throw my test light away at times. Lesson learned.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Test lights only show that you are getting you well know. Glad you got it resolved. R.J.