Tim Collard
Tim Collard, RVIA Certification
Experience:  Master Certified RV Tech & Owner/operator of a Mobile RV Repair business.

I have three batteries for my southwind fleetwood rv

I have three batteries for my southwind fleetwood rv and i believe i have the connection wrong, so how should the batteries be connected, one is a 12 volt and the other two are 6 volts
Category: RV
Expert:  Tim Collard replied 6 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX
What seems to be the problem? Were you installing new batteries and they don't work?
Tell me a little more about your situation, the more detail the better.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What had happen, the RV had sat for a long period of time and now i want to sell it and a period of time ago i had try to start it and it did not start , now i have a buyer so what i did was brought 12 volr battery that started the rv and the generator will not start, so i brought two 6 volt batteries and my nephew remove the 6volt and i belive he connected them back wrong, at first the rv would not start, until we made a change, and now i believe we need to make another change for the generator to work
Ok, so if I understand right, the engine battery is ok and the RV will start ok.
Good, now you need to hook up your coach batteries correctly. 6 volt batteries have to be hooked up a little different, try hooking the 6 volt batteries this way. This should fix your problem, let me know if you need more help.

Edited by Tim Collard on 3/6/2010 at 2:16 PM EST