Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

HYDRALIC FLUID RESEVOIR LOCATED ON 2005 GEORGIE BOY 3125DS LOCATED

SLIDE WILL NOT GO IN AND OUT. WHERE IS HYDRALIC FLUID RESEVOIR LOCATED ON 2005 GEORGIE BOY 3125DS LOCATED?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. Can you tell me who made your slide mechanism and I can pull a manual for it? It should be in with your coach manuals or on the switch plate.
Get back to me with this and I will help you resolve this. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
NOTHING IN MY MANUAL, ALL I KNOW IS IT IS A 2005 GEORGIE BOY 3125DS CLASS A MOTORHOME, 2 SLIDES, REAR SLIDES WORK WELL, FRONT SLIDE ONLY GOES OUT ABOUT 6 INCHES, CAN HEAR MOTOR WORKING BUT NO MORE ACTION. MY FIRST QUESS WAS MAYBE HYDRALIC FLUID BUT CANNOT FIND THE RESEVOIR. LOOKED UNDER HOOD AND UNDER DRIVERS WHEEL WELL BUT HAVE NOT FOUND A RESEVOIR. THANKS
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Are you sure it isn't an electric unit? Look underneath and see if you can see a motor or a cylinder with some hoses attached. I will watch for you post. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
IT DOES HAVE A MOTOR, ALSO A MOTOR BRAKE. SO WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Then it is an all electric unit. Have someone work the switch while you look from underneath and see if the motor is turning and if you hear any grinding noise. It may be that you stripped a gear or that you sheared off the pin on the shaft that holds it in place.
This happens as the slide gets harder to move and when the lubrication on the rails or the wiper seals isn't getting done on a regular basis. Let me know what you find. I can try a manual and you can tell me if it looks like yours. I need to know if the drive is perpendicular to the room or parallel with it and the coach. R.J.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
I have to go out for about an hour.......go HERE and see if this looks like yours. I will check for your post when I get back. R.J.
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
I'm back.........what did you find? Was that manual the correct one? R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YOU CAN HEAR MOTOR WHEN DEPRESSING IN OR OUT SWITCH ON SLIDE. THE SHAFT HOWEVER DOES NOT TURN. SO IT WOULD SEEM THAT MAYBE A PIN HAS BEEN SHEERED OFF? VERY DOUBTFUL THAT GEARS HAVE BEEN STRIPPED AS THEY APPEAR TO BE VERY HEAVY. DO I NEED TO TAKE THIS IN TO A RV REPAIR FACILITY AND IS IT SAFE TO DRIVE A SHORT DISTANCE WITH SLIDE OUT ABOUT 4 INCHES. THANKS
Expert:  Randall replied 6 years ago.
Release the motor brake or else have someone push the switch to move it in and several people can usually push it in. The best thing to do then would be to put some slide locks in so it will stay while you go to the dealer. I do this you sheared the pin off and that usually is about an hour to fix on most slides. The slide locks are available at most RV stores and come in various lengths and are adjustable. They go in at the top of the unit or at the sides and you just turn them until they snug up and they hold the room in. Always good to have a set in your coach for emergencies. The gears are probably fine or you would hear some grinding noise. Let me know if you need more help with this. R.J.