gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

1989 fleetwood: lpg..the valve at the tank and the lp gas sensor

I have just purchased a 1989 fleetwood cambria. Everything is good execpt I can't get
lpg to the stove or furnace. turned on the valve at the tank and the lp gas sensor but still no gas. any ideas
Hi Mike,
At the tank where you turned it on,to the right is the regulator,see if there is an LP shut off valve to the right of the regulator,it will have two wires on it if it is there.
If it does have a valve it takes 12 volts from the leak detector to open it,it can be checked with a test light or multi meter.
Let me know?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Gene
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I got a fluctuating reading of .5 to .9 volts at the valve. My thought would be that the LPG sensor has a problem?
any ideas. FYI, When you turn on the thermostat fan works and air moves through the system
Mike,
Most of the units out today quit using the shut off solenoid at the tank,I have removed alot of them,system will work fine with out it,other option is to check the voltage at the lp leak detector,in and out.If there is 12 volts in and not 12 volts to the solenoid.Replace the detector,you can also purchase new solenoids as well.
System will work with the leak detector inside only and shut off solenoid removed.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll check it out today and let you know
Thanks
I'll be here after work tonight.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Gene
The LP Gas detector only has two wires coming out of it. Yellow & Red Don't know what they are. It seems to be in working order. turn it on and it chirps for a while then stops and the green light flashes.
If you think it is safe to remove the LP shutoff valve I'll do it. I've worked with LP gas before so I know what to do. Is that the only thing it could be?
thanks
Mike,
I remove them all the time,nothing worse to be out on a trip and those valves go out and leave you with no LP.
Most of the new coaches quit using them.
The leak detector inside will still let you know if you have a leak.