Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

Hydraulic leveling jacks. They will not retract we have checked

Hydraulic leveling jacks. They will not retract we have checked all the trouble shooting ideas.
Is there a dump value? 1998 Bounder, 3 jacks
Hi: Thanks for coming to Just Answer with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX perhaps I can assist you with this. What is the make and model of your system? Get back to me and I will see if I can help you resolve this. All the best, R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1998 fleetwood bounder with power gear kacks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1998 Fleetwood Bounder with 3 Power gear jacks.
Do you have the model number of them? That would help me to pull the correct manual for them. You should have a manual in your coach manuals. I will watch for your post.
If you go HERE this should be the one you need for this. Follow the instructions VERY CAREFULLY and don't omit any steps. This should get the jacks back up for you. There are a number of things that can cause this and you should have a shop that is familiar with this system to take a look at it for you as soon as you can get in there. If this is not the system you have, please get back to me. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will try to send you the picture of this system. The one you sent is not our's.Also can I call you?
We can make any contact except online........sorry! Site rules. You can send me a link to a photo. Did you find any manual that might have the model number? That would help.
I will watch for your post. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Part # XXXXX My wiring dieagram shows that the green wire goes to the dump value if i put power to the green wire should it dump?i think my board is not working right. b/c i turn a cornner and my pump came on so i pulled over to the side of the road and i turn the key switch on and off to make the pump stop it still stop running so then I had to unplug the board to stop the pump from running.I have my own shop I am an electrican, and can do my own work just need some info.
Your pump system may not look exactly like the one in that manual, but the retract is basically the same for almost all jacks. You should find some "T" valves on the solenoids that you can turn as described and release the pressure in the jacks and they will retract.
Once you do that, you retighten the screws just finger tight. Don't get too carried away.
If you don't find these, please get back to me. I will be here for at least another 2 hours today. R.J.
Was that the part number on the control board? Go HERE and see if this can help you. I am still looking for information on that number you gave me. As for the power to the retract should work if you are sure that is for the retract. Most of them are marked. R.J.
I sent you that link for an electric system just in case.......if you go HERE this is a manual for troubleshooting all their hydraulic leveling systems. Their technical assistance number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNbut I don't know if anyone is there on Saturdays. I can't find that number you gave me. Let me know if you need more information on this. R.J.

Edited by RANDALL on 1/30/2010 at 4:53 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I think I have sent the pictire from my manual.

I made it home from my appointment. No photo yet........I will keep an eye open for it. Were you able to find any T handles on the solenoids?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi: I don't see anything in the way of a link from you. I think it may be best if I opt out of this so you can have the benefit of another tech on our site who may be familiar with your system. All the hydraulic systems I have seen have a valve on the solenoids to release the pressure so the legs will retract. This is a Power Gear system and the link I sent you should have been the one or very similar, but a different year. Those solenoids have a rubber cap and when you remove them you can access the valves as per the manual. Most of our techs will check in from time to time each day and one should be able to assist you in this. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. R.J.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did you receive the picture, I sent? would have to have it available as a link you would include in your post. You don't e-mail it. R.J.