Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

1999 Fleetwood: Pace Arrow..RV...The hydraulic jack fluid is low..cap

I own a 1999 Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 34 ft RV. The hydraulic jack fluid is low. Where is the reservour located, what tools do I need to remove the cap? I suspect the reservour is behind the house batteries. If so, can I get at the reservour by pulling out the battery shelf and do I need a syringe to reach the reservour? Would low fluid account for the red warning lite to remain on in the cab when the jacks are retracted. (Visual check confirms they are seated, but the red light and warning beep remain on) Thanks Ace taylor
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi There!!!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer....

I can try to help you out on this. I beleive you are correct with the alarm sounding and the jacks being stored indicates that the level could be below the float switch in the reservoir tank. The best way to find the reservoir is to actually operate the jacks, the reservoir should be right next to the pump/motor. Might need a second person to assist. The reservoir should have a silver or black cap that unscrews from the top. This cap is also a vent for the system. If you find the reservoir behind the batteries I would place an old blanket or rags over the battery if you will be reaching over them. It may be best to get a small funnel and attach some flex line to the funnel, this would work better then a syringe. Also check the fluid with the jacks retracted, make sure all jacks are up, if one was partially down it would sound the alarm.... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!!!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no one to assist me so really need specifics for the MH I own. There is so little "head room" above the reservoir (or at least where I believe the reservoir to be) that an extended funnel may not be practical. Please research the exact unit I own and confirm the reservoir location. Also is the cap just hand tight or must I have a hex wrench?.Thank you.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

OK

Understand, I will see if I can find anything else out for you. ON your controls for the jacks does it say anything at all, this might help....

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Robert: The MH is stored elsewhere so I do not have further info. If we can hold this issue for a day or two, I may be able to identify type of jacks or other info. I was really hoping Just Answer RV had access to Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision MH maintenance literature showing specific pump/reservoir location. My other problem is taking with me all the tools I need to complete the job. The MH is stored 15 miles away--city ordance does not allow for local storage at the homeowners. P.S. I will gladly pay the $15 when I have specifics. Let me know whether this can wait a day or two for possible further detail. Thanks. Ace

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

OK

I really understand, I will see if I can come up with that info for you. I am not sure how far back the fleetwood data base goes... I will check into it...Probably be tomorrow before I respond...

Thanks.. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Robert. Meanwhile I'll try to obtain specifics on the jack hydraulic system. Don't need further contact with you for now. Thanks for your efforts. Ace Taylor
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

OK

Not much luck, I talked to a few other experts, one thinks it might be behind the passenger side front mud flap and is a pain to access. You should see the pump and manifold with the hydraulic hoses near the reservoir. This may have a plug you have to remove with a wrench. I would bring a crescent wrench with you. The plug would be located near the top off the res. and this would be a round cylinder. You fill the fluid 1/4 below that fill plug.

I understand my answer might be lacking in the location, normally in the shop I look in several areas if I can not find it I operate the jacks and listen for the motor location.... I want you to be satisfied with my answer, IF you would like I can put this back up and see if any other experts will respond?.

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Robert:

Let's try one more time with more experts. If it's any help, the label on the jack control panel in the cab is "Power Gear". No apparent labels on the jacks themselves and no reference at all in the owner's manual. Thanks for continuing the search. Ace

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

OK

No problem, I will opt out, this will allow other experts to respond, I do not know when or if other experts will respond.... IF I find anything out I will respond back to you......

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Robert:

Thanks. I'll be looking for a response., Ace

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I note that you have charged my $15.00 deposit to my credit card BUT HAVE NOT YET ANSWERED MY QUESTION so I am not satisfied with your answer. My question remains: Where is the hydraulic pump and reservoir for the leveling jacks located on a 1999 Fleetwood 34 ft Pace Arrow Vision RV? Are you still seeking an answer? Ace Taylor
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

OK

I might have some good news for you if you click HERE you should see the unit you have in your coach, it does have a plug that you will need to remove with a wrench on the print it says "oil fill"..... I am sorry this took so long but it really is a challenge coming up with stuff like this because all the makes and models in the RV world. I try to pursue all my options and I hope this really helps.... (Thanks Michael for the help!!)

Thank You!!! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUs welcomed!!!!

Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience: 18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.