R.V.'S ONLY
R.V.'S ONLY, RV Mechanic
Experience:  10 YRS MASTER CERTIFIED RV TECH, MANY MORE CERTIFIED
14713161

92 palomino mini L wiring diagram

Customer Question

92 palomino mini L wiring diagram?
Category: RV
Expert:  R.V.'S ONLY replied 4 years ago.
Hi there, I don't beilieve there are wiring diagrms available except for specific components, if you tell me what the problem your experiencing is I can probably help, let me know and Thank You,Jeff
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I bought this used camper recently. It has a new four prong connector that I installed to a flat four wire connector running from my vehicle. I do have power to the camper from my vehicle. I beleive I have wired it correctly. No running lights come on when I turn on the vehicle lights. If I turn on the right turn signal light all the running lights flash. When I turn on the left signal no lights come on. The wiring inside the camper appears to have been somewhat rewired. The white wire (ground) from the plug was disconnected and there was a yellow wire cut completely. So only red and green wires were going to the camper lights. I rewired it so that white went back to white ground in the camper, red to red, green to green and brown I left dangling. Should the running lights flash when signal lights are employed? Should I also have brake lights? Or should these just be runing lights only? Any help would be appreciated.
Ok , The white is ground red should be red (left turn signal/ brake), green should go to brown , one is the turn signal on is running lights. The turn and brake lights are the same wires, if your truck has seperate turn and brake lights you will need a tail light converter to make this work. Available at any rv shop or U-Haul that installs hitches. Easy to install and they come with directions. I would also inspect the red wire and the turn/brake light on the left side if its hooked up like you say it should be coming on with the turn signals, Let me know if this helps you, and thank you, Jeff
Just following up, did this work for you to trace out the wiring?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We had a major snowstorm yesterday so wasn't able to check it out. I will look over the weekend and see if it solves it.
good deal enjoy the snow, me too
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok I checked out the wiring and drew up a schematic.

from the four prong plug: from the converter:
White to ground and to converter White to lights & tee to refrigerator
Red to converter Black to lights & tee to refrigerator
Green to lights
Brown unconnected at this point

Do you think if I connected Brown to Green it would work?
Hi again, No matter what it takes four wires to operate your lights, 1 for ground- thats your white wire. Brown and green are the tail and marker lights depending on manufacture which is which, the red should be your left turn light. If a wire goes to the converter also then you need a 6 or 7 way connector for the charge line and reverse lights if needed . So if one wire goes to the converter your missing atleast one wire someplace, did this camper come with a four wire plug?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it came with a 4 wire plug. This is a camper body that goes on a pickup bed. I'm thinking that signal lights and brake lights are not required because of that? Red wire definately goes right to the converter. Red white and black to converter circuit #2. That leaves green and brown. Leads me to believe these should be connected together. My last message got garbled together. This is what I sent you:
from the four prong plug:
White to ground and to converter
Red to converter
Green to lights
Brown unconnected at this point
from the converter:
White to lights & tee to refrigerator
Black to lights & tee to refrigerator

OK , sorry for the confusion. What lights are we dealing with, does this camper have turn and brake lights? If not let me know we'll have to rewire the plug from the truck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That is a good question. As I never had a slide in camper I don't know if it should have brake/turn lights. I suspect it only has running lights.

You can check this by looking at the bulbs if they only have 1 filament then the hook up I would try is red to 12 v positive, white to ground , then you need to figure out which 1 is the taillights from the vehicle and try the green and brown to that one, let me know, Jeff

One more thing, your vehicle plug was probably set up for trailer towing, it may not have a charge line directly from the battery system, be sure what your using for the converter wire is not your tail lights.

Edited by R.V.'S ONLY on 12/13/2009 at 2:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I disconnected and replaced the old plug green was not connected to it. It appeared to have been done intentionally rather than have slipped out of the connection. I don't know if the lights worked at that point as the trailer wires from my vehicle weren't working. We inspected the wiring and found that 2 wires were not connected where the 4 way flat was spliced to the 4 way plug. We fixed that. We then had lights to the camper as originally described. Inside the camper there was a yellow wire that was cut and left hanging. The white was not connected to ground/converter. I connected as described above. The manual does instruct you to switch to battery on the converter when power is connected to the vehicle. That would indicate that there are brake/turn signals via the red wire?, not just running lights? I appreciate your patience with this. If we can resolve I will be glad to pay you more.
Ok let's step back a little on this, do you have or can you get a 12 volt battery for testing. What i would like to do is test the camper lights and wiring, then we can work back to the truck. We'll hook the white to the battery ground. then hook up the other wires 1 at a time and see what works and what does not. we may be complicating things with some bad wiring or other problems with the camper , then we can deal with the truck to camper connection, thx jeff
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I could pull my garden tractor battery. Would that work? I also have a battery charger and if necessary my truck battery.
that's perfect, we just need a source to power the wires
R.V.'S ONLY, RV Mechanic
Experience: 10 YRS MASTER CERTIFIED RV TECH, MANY MORE CERTIFIED
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Jeff,

I connected the green wire to the brown from the plug and I have running lights! It was pretty simple after all that. I assume red and white would be there to use for brake/signal lights if you were towing a trailer. On that note I really appreciate your help on this. I will accept your advise.

Ray Winn
thanks, Jeff