gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Recon..5th wheel..I drained the hot water heater it..gal

2007 Jayco Recon 5th wheel. Water heater does not give more then 20 seconds worth of water at either shower or faucets. Yet, when I drained the hot water heater it was all very hot (10 gal worth). Had it serviced at Camping World in Longmont CO. They said mixing valve was bad and replaced it with a tee fitting. All that did was give me a little hot water out of cold faucets.
Paid $141 for that they won't look at it again. What's up??
At the back of the water heater,did they remove the mixing valve,install a tee in place of it and reconnect the hose from the cold line to the tee they installed,if this is what they did you need to pull the line between the cold on the bottom and the hot on the top,cap them both.Without the mixing valve in place the water was bypassing the water heater only giving a little hot at first.
This makes it a 10 gallon water heater instead of a 16 gallon.
When you get a chance reinstall a new mixing valve and plumb it back the way it was.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can do that. It looks pretty easy to get to at least where they put the tee fitting. How can I get a mixing valve when Jayco won't sell to individuals. Or can I use any old mixing valve?
You can contact Atwood and get one from them,you will need to use there valve.